This guide will walk you through the installation and integration of the Zendesk Google Play Integration, focusing on the part that happens outside Zendesk - namely, the steps taking place in the Google Developer Console.
If you need instructions on downloading, installing, and setting up the integration within Zendesk, please see Channel Integrations: Google Play integration.
- A Google Developer Account.
- An application of yours, created and published in the Google Play Store.
3. When you click Create Service Account, the following pop-up appears, describing a series of tasks. I'll walk you through those tasks in the following steps:
- Click the Google API Console link. You will be redirected to a section of the Developer Console dedicated to manage the REST API Google makes available for its products. Proceed by clicking + CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT.
- Once you have created a Service Account, the next step is to configure it as following:
- Choose a name for your Service Account (any name will do). Then, click the Select a role drop-down menu and select Project > Owner. This role will have full access to the integration, as explained while choosing the option.
- Once you select a role, new options will appear, and, as explained above. Choose a JSON Key Type, by clicking on Furnish a new private Key. The final configuration should look like this:
- Click Create, and we are done with the Google API Console!